Catalyst for Inclusive Education is a global mechanism that brings together people and resources to support and enable Inclusion International member groups to advocate, promote and support inclusive education at a school, community or country-level.
In identifying country-level initiatives that will be a part of our efforts to advance the Catalyst, our objective is to achieve: a balanced distribution of countries in terms of geographic regions; countries that can realistically fulfill the targets specified; and, countries that can contribute expertise and innovation to an international community of practice.
Types of Initiatives:
- Short-term Expert Consultations (examples: legal opinion; policy review; one time workshops, trainings)
- Technical Advisory Support (example: Catalyst provides technical support to an existing initiative run by country level partners)
- Catalyst Country Initiatives (Multi-year interventions funded and managed through Catalyst)
Initial identification of country-level initiatives for participation in Catalyst will be guided by the following criteria:
- The family-based organization is a member of Inclusion International or has capacity and timely intention to become a member;
- The country-level member of Inclusion International has a commitment to inclusive education as a priority issue;
- There are opportunities for the member to work with government and/or other partners to advance inclusive education (a policy commitment; projects in development, etc.); and,
- Together with Inclusion International, the member is able to leverage funds and/or secure financial support for technical expertise.